The Isaac Group incorporates a leading Construction Contracting Business and an Environmental Trust dedicated to the development of the Isaac Conservation Park. Our commitment to "Combining Construction with Conservation" is unique to New Zealand.
If you want to experience working with a local and well-established Construction Company; large enough to deliver excellence across multiple disciplines whilst remaining small enough to have a family feel, then this could be the role for you.
Reporting to the Industries Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Engineering Department. The main focus of the role is to lead the team to ensure a reliable and efficient business.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Coaching & mentoring staff
- Understanding job costing
- Strong understanding of lean principles
- Strong business acumen
- Ensuring all estimates are completed on-time
- Identify business opportunities in both traditional engineering markets as well as potential new markets
- Deliver outstanding service and product to our customers
Key Skills & Experience
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Experienced on Microsoft Excel, Word and Cad
- Experience at leading staff
- A good knowledge of modern estimating and management practices
- A collaborative mind-set and be able to work as part of a wider team to deliver company goals.
What We Are Offering
- A competitive remuneration package
- Company vehicle
- Sole responsibility for the deliverables in the engineering department
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.