If you want to experience working with a local and well-established Construction Company; large enough to deliver excellence across multiple disciplines whilst remaining small enough to have a family feel, then this could be the role for you.
This role will be based at our head office in Christchurch and will report directly to the Business Development and Tenders Manager.
The purpose of the Bid Writer role will be leading and winning complex and high value bids, presenting a unified proposition that surpasses any others. Expertise in business writing as well as the use of delivering bid management methodologies to define the opportunity, establish the strategy and execute the roadmap to success. This also includes gaining a sound understanding and leveraging from (indirect and direct) industry relationships across the Isaac Group and its stakeholders. The Bid Writer role sits within the Tenders Team functionality, working closely with the Business Development & Tenders Manager, Bid Content Manager, Senior Estimator and Bid Coordinators.
In addition to the Tenders Team, the role is also supported by internal stakeholders to develop strategies for public and private sector RFPs, RFIs, ITTs, EOI/ROIs, Panels, Prequalification’s and other related proposal documents, for the Isaac Group.
This role is responsible for creating and producing proposal responses based on new and pre-written content and to identify relevant use cases for tailoring template responses that are compliant, compelling, responsive to client-defined requirements, maintaining high quality that maximises win rates, revenue and profitability for targeted new and/or existing clients. It is also responsible for developing technical proposal content, researching technical areas, and interviewing subject matter experts to write compliant and compelling proposal sections, including technical, management, past performance and other sections as needed. Working alongside the Tenders team to create proposal responses.
Collaboration within the team of business development, in evaluating bid opportunities and strategies, including identifying pipeline of forward opportunities through the use of BCI, and opportunity planning; participating in the continual development of proposal management, bid management processes and content management plans.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Coaching & mentoring less experienced team members
- Maintain an excellent standard for all collateral generated
- Understand and appreciate critical risks associated with the submission process
Key Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a business, journalism, marketing, communication, technical writing, or other related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in professional writing, proposal writing, technical writing in the civil construction industry
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a passion for writing, creativity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work with a team at all levels of the organisation and able to thrive in both a team setting and work independently
- Strong organisational and project-management skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work in a fast-paced environment under tight and often competing deadlines
- Adaptable to deal with changing project requirements and deadlines
- Must be highly motivated, organised, and quick learner with a drive for results
- Extensive experience/advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and SharePoint
- Experience in Photoshop, InDesign or other graphic design programs would be an asset
What We Are Offering
- A competitive remuneration package which includes Medical Insurance
- Company phone and laptop
- A key role within a growing organisation working on a dynamic range of projects across the South Island
- Flexible working hours
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.