Due to a full forward workload, we are now looking for an experienced Civil Construction Foreman.
The ideal person will have:
- Worked in the civil construction industry for some years and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a crew.
- A clean licence with a minimum of class 2 and WTR endorsements.
- Be highly experienced with excavators, graders, and other construction machinery – specifically in road construction and/or maintenance works
- Flexibility towards working in both a rural and urban environment, past experience with both is advantageous
- Been involved in large roading and/or street upgrade projects
- An ability and desire to train other staff in all areas of civil construction works
- To communicate effectively with clients and engineers, and all internal staff
- A positive attitude, great leadership skills, and a desire to be the best
The flexibility to work out of town and be away from home overnight would also be an advantage.
On offer is a position with a stable, reliable and reputable Christchurch based civil construction company. We also offer a competitive remuneration package that includes medical insurance and the use of a company vehicle and phone.
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.