We are currently seeking a Senior Laboratory Technician to join our well established IANZ accredited laboratory. The successful applicant will assist with the sampling, testing, and reporting of construction materials, working closely with the quarry crushing operations, asphalt plant and the construction and paving divisions of the company.
The main duties of this role include:
- Performing laboratory testing of aggregates and bituminous products to a high level of accuracy
- Reporting of results and issuing IANZ accredited test reports
- Support in maintaining IANZ accreditation to comply with ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- Support laboratory management in day-to-day laboratory operations
- Field testing at engineering projects undertaken by Isaac Construction and external clients.
- Work towards Approved Signatory/ Key Technical Personnel status
The work will be hands-on and physical, requiring a reasonable degree of physical capability. The nature of the work may require night shifts and weekend work, as well as occasionally travelling to other regions and staying away from home.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a civil engineering laboratory, and be familiar with test methods performed within such laboratories
- Have proven experience with asphaltic concrete mix design, and be familiar with NZTA Waka Kotahi specifications
- Have proven experience with ISO/IEC17025 management systems and compliance
- Be experienced in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Be comfortable working sole charge and in a team environment
- Hold a minimum Class 1 full clean driver licence and be able to drive a manual vehicle.
- Previous Approved Signatory or Key Technical Personnel status would be advantageous
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.