We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for a full-time permanent position to join our well established IANZ accredited laboratory. The successful applicant would assist with the sampling, testing, and reporting of construction materials, working closely with the quarry crushing operations, asphalt plant and the construction and paving divisions of the company.
The main duties of this role include:
- Performing laboratory testing of aggregates and bituminous products to a high level of accuracy
- Field testing at engineering projects undertaken by Isaac Construction and external clients.
- Participating in activities necessary for the running of the laboratory and its equipment.
The work will be hands-on and physical, requiring a reasonable degree of physical capability. The nature of the work may require night shifts and weekend work, as well as occasionally travelling to other regions and staying away from home.
The successful applicant will:
- Ideally have scientific, engineering or construction training, or laboratory experience.
- Be experienced in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Be comfortable working sole charge and in a team environment
- Hold a minimum Class 1 full clean driver licence and be able to drive a manual vehicle.
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.