If you want to experience working with a local and well-established Construction Company; large enough to deliver excellence across multiple disciplines whilst remaining small enough to have a family feel, then this could be the role for you.
Our Blenheim Simcox Division team has a very strong name and reputation built up over its 35-year history. It has been a successful part of the Isaac Group now for two years and many of the formerly Isaac Christchurch based staff have enjoyed relocation to Blenheim and the Simcox team. The Simcox team currently has two Senior Project Managers and two very capable young Project Engineers. We are looking for another experienced Project Manager comfortable with tendering and delivering contracts up to $5M.
This role will be based in our Blenheim Simcox Division and reports to the Operations Manager. From time to time, we secure work in the Nelson, Tasman and Kaikoura Districts with some requirement for Project Managers to drive in/out or stay away for short to medium periods of time, whichever is the best strategy in each case. An ability to be flexible with securing and managing projects across the top of the South Island is desirable.
The main focus of this role will be to lead and manage tenders and projects across Marlborough and the surrounding regions. This will include working closely with clients, Simcox and Isaac crews/staff, subcontractors, suppliers, Councils and NZTA.
Responsibilities will include
- Day-to-day management of civil construction projects
- Coaching & mentoring of less experienced staff, responsibility of downstream staff
- Managing clients, subcontractor, and supplier relationships
- Providing estimating and/or project management support to other staff
Key Skills & Experience
- A diploma or degree in Surveying or Civil Engineering, or a related field is a requirement
- 5 years minimum of estimating and project management in the Civil Industry (Simcox specific areas are roading, 3 waters and earthworks)
- Surveying experience would be an advantage
- Experienced on Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
- Experience managing and leading staff
- A good knowledge of modern estimating and construction management practices
- Good knowledge of NZS3910
- A collaborative mind-set and be able to work as part of a wider team to deliver company goals.
What We Are Offering
- A competitive remuneration package – tailored to the individual based on experience, ability and level of role offered
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop
- Sole responsibility for delivering significant construction projects for a reputable Tier 1 Contractor
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.