We are seeking to employ a Quarry Manager for our Blenheim based Simcox Division.
The ideal person should hold an A or B Grade Quarry Manager Certificate and will work at either of our two quarries to produce river protection rock and crushed aggregates. This is a hands-on position involving aggregate/rock extraction and shot firing at the quarry, as well as liaising with customers & council.
A real “can do” attitude will be a winner and you will enjoy the variety of work as an integral member of our quarry and crushing team.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have a good attitude and be a team player.
- Have an A or B Grade Quarry Manager Certificate of Competence
- Shot Firing Certificate would be an advantage
- Have a proactive approach to safety, quality and environmental issues
- Be flexible to work beyond “normal” working hours when required.
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.