We are looking for a Surfacing Supervisor to join our friendly Christchurch based operation. Working across both the Paving and Sealing departments, we are looking for a leader with strong operational and managerial experience to join our team as we continue to forge ahead through another busy surfacing season.
What Can We Offer You?
- Competitive remuneration in line with skills and experience
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop
- Ongoing training, development and mentoring
- Job Security
- Great Work / Life Balance
While this role reports to the Surfacing Divisional Manager, it also has functional and supporting relationships with the Paving and the Sealing Department Managers. The role includes responsibility for managing plant and labour requirements for daily operations.
The role is a vital link between management, staff and clients and is responsible for the supervision and control of projects.
- Manage and resource the paving and sealing crews to ensure the delivery of successful outcomes
- Management of any required sub-contractors on a daily basis.
- In conjunction with Foremen and crew members, ensure work is completed to the required specifications and quality requirements
- Assist with the preparation of job packs, documentation of paperwork and the collating project quality assurance.
- Assist with the training and professional development of others.
- Be a proven leader with 10 years+ experience in this industry, managing multiple teams.
- Have a strong background in either asphalt or chip sealing operations, procedures and specifications
- Follow industry safety standards and procedures, and be focused on delivering quality work
- Work in with the team and provide strong leadership and direction
- Ability to prioritises workloads with sound planning and organisational skills
- Possess a strong business acumen and be proficient with the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project.
- Have strong, clear, concise written and verbal communication skills with a solution focused approach to challenges.
- Have a collaborative mind-set and be able to work as part of a wider team to deliver company goals
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.