The Isaac Group incorporates a leading Construction Contracting Business and an Environmental Trust dedicated to the development of the Isaac Conservation Park. Our commitment to “Combining Construction with Conservation” is unique to New Zealand.
If you want to experience working with a local and well-established Construction Company; large enough to deliver excellence across multiple disciplines whilst remaining small enough to have a family feel, then this could be the role for you.
This role will be based in Dunedin, with some requirement to initially work in Christchurch/Canterbury through until the end of 2020, so an ability to be flexible in the short term is desirable.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the main focus of this role will be to lead and manage projects across Dunedin and Canterbury. This will include; Working closely with clients, Isaac crews and staff, subcontractors, suppliers, Councils and NZTA.
There will also be a requirement to be involved with the tendering, pricing, and negotiation of new projects, predominately in the Dunedin region.
Responsibilities will include
- Day-to-day management of civil construction projects
- Coaching & mentoring of less experienced staff
- Managing clients, subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Providing estimating and/or project management support to other staff
Key Skills & Experience
- A diploma or degree in Surveying or Civil engineering, or a related field is a requirement
- 5 years minimum of estimating and project management in the Civil Industry
- Experienced on Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
- Experience managing and leading staff
- A good knowledge of modern estimating and construction management practices
- Good knowledge of NZS3910
- A collaborative mind-set and be able to work as part of a wider team to deliver company goals.
What We Are Offering
- A competitive remuneration package – tailored to the individual based on experience, ability and level of role offered
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop
- Sole responsibility for delivering significant construction projects for a reputable Tier 1 Contractor
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.