The Isaac Group incorporates a leading Construction Contracting Business and an Environmental Trust dedicated to the development of the Isaac Conservation Park. Our commitment to “Combining Construction with Conservation” is unique to New Zealand.
If you want to experience working with a local and well-established Construction Company; large enough to deliver excellence across multiple disciplines whilst remaining small enough to have a family feel, then this could be the role for you.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Survey Department. The main focus of the role is to lead the team to ensure reliable and efficient survey set-out, accurate recording of as-builts and submission, and accurate recording of data for volume computing. This is all undertaken over multiple small and large projects.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Coaching & mentoring less experienced Survey Engineers.
- Ensuring equipment is serviced and calibrated
- Ensuring that project set-out is performed accurately and in accordance with the design and spec.
- Ensuring each project survey design data is obtained before the project starts and checking geometry and dimensions of designs to make sure that any potential design faults are identified and resolved.
- Assisting with improving processes/systems in the survey department
Key Skills & Experience
- Having a diploma or degree in Surveying or Civil engineering would be highly desirable
- 10+ years of Survey experience in the Civil Industry.
- Extensive experience operating as a construction land surveyor in the commercial environment, having worked across a broad range of projects.
- Experience managing and leading staff.
- A good knowledge of modern surveying practices
- Knowledge and experience with Trimble Survey Equipment and Trimble Business Centre Office software
- A collaborative mind-set and be able to work as part of a wider team to deliver company goals.
- The ability to work alongside Project Managers and Project Engineers to plan and strategize methodologies and timing will also be an important part of the role.
What We Are Offering
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop.
- An opportunity to build into the Survey Department Manager role for the right person
Applicants must be NZ residents or hold valid NZ work visa.
Employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily completing a medical examination and drug test.