Location Charlesworth Reserve, Christchurch
Date of completion April 2022
As part of the Christchurch City Council's Major Cycle Route programme, we have recently completed the Rapanui Shag Rock Stage 3A & 3B, which involved a section of the cycleway from Linwood Avenue to the Charlesworth Reserve.
This work package involved the construction of the Rapanui Shag Rock Major Cycle Route along Linwood Avenue from the Dyers Road intersection to the entrance to Charlesworth Reserve.
The works included the following.
- Construction of 1702m2 of new cycleway including asphalt surfacing
- Construction of 400m2 carriageway shoulder including grade 4/6 chipseal
- Construction of 736m of kerb; both standard and nib
- Installation of 76m of 160mm diameter PE stormwater drainage pipe, including thrust blocks
- Installation of 20m of DN225 RCRRJ Class 4 pipe stormwater drainage
- Installation of rock headwalls to stormwater outfalls as per SD371/2
- Installation of 8 dome sumps
- Installation of 2000m2 of planter beds
- Landscape planting including the planting of approx. 3000 shrubs and trees
- Removal of 436 tonnes of contaminated material to Burwood landfill
- Installation of ADS signs with a monopole foundation and frame
- Linemarking including cyclist and pedestrian shared symbols.
As part of the Christchurch City Council's Major Cycle Route programme, we have recently completed the Rapanui Shag Rock Stage 3B, which involved a section of the cycleway from Linwood Avenue to the Charlesworth Reserve.
This project involved the construction of 1,400m of shared path and the planting of more than 3,000 shrubs and trees throughout the reserve.
The scope of work comprised:
- 1400m of Cycleway Construction
- 2605m2 of Asphalt Surfacing
- 300m2 of Cobble Stone Pavers
- 4000 plants and Trees Planted
- 14m Long Timber Board Walk
- Landscaping, planting
- Installation of new Line Marking