What: Construction of a new roundabout , including cycleways and upgraded road layout
Where: Intersection of Blakes Road and Shands Road
When: 08 March 2021 to 31 August 2021
Contact: Isaac Construction - Project Communications: Jessica Swift -
Email: email@example.com ∙ Phone: 027 207 4631
Construction work will start from the week commencing 08 March 2021 on upgrading the Blakes Road and Shands Road intersection. This will involve beginning the main construction works on a new roundabout to help manage safety and traffic flows in the area.
We will also be widening Blakes Road from north west of Hinterland/Cairnbrae Drive, up to the intersection with Shands Road and installing a cycleway and minor changes to the road layout.
- During the construction works the following traffic management will be in place:
- Shands Road will have speed reductions in place to manage two-way traffic flows through the intersection with Blakes Road.
- There will be no entry into Blakes Road from Shands Road, traffic to detour down Trents Road.
- There will be a one-way system in place on Blakes Road for north-bound traffic.
- Access will be maintained on Blakes Road from property #169 to #274, lanes will be narrowed and speed reductions will be in place.
- Some stages of the construction works will require manual traffic control for short, intermittent periods of time.
- Cyclist will be merging with the traffic, please exercise extreme care.
Please download the PDF document to view the map of the road work area.Download PDF