Location Bromley Substation in Ruru Road to the Milton Substation in Milton Road.
Project Stage To Start Nov 2022
Date of completion Dec 2023
Get in touch today
Project Description: Isaac Construction has been appointed by Orion to carry out the civil works required to install a new 66kv cable circuit between Orion's Milton Substation and the Bromley Substation.
Location: Bromley Zone Station to the Milton Zone Station.
Project Stage: To start Nov 2022
Date of Completion: Dec 2023
We are working with Orion to upgrade the electricity network by laying new 66Kv cable in the ground. This work is to replace the aging current infrastructure which is at the end of its life cycle and prone to damage from a significant earthquake event. The new cable allows quicker identification of faults and has a greater capacity to meet the growing demand for electricity.
For more updates, please visit: https://www.haveyoursay.oriongroup.co.nz/bromley-to-milton-cable
Scope of Works
- The scope of work and activities includes:
- Dewatering of the ground where there is a high water table which stabilises the area we need to work in.
- Excavation of trenches
- Shoring of the walls of the trench which prevents collapsing and protects our team and the cable laying process
- Laying ducts for the cables where an intersection is to be crossed or a high water table is present
- Laying of steel reinforced concrete foundation for the cable or conduit to be secured to
- Covering the cable with thermal concrete followed by a layer of red concrete to a protection layer
- Reinstatement of the trench and road surface
Important Notes for businesses and residents
- Hours of work for the duration of this project will be from 7am – 6pm Monday through to Saturday
- Access to businesses will remain in place, should our work temporarily impact an entrance way, an alternative passage will be created and clearly marked for vehicles and pedestrians
- Access to residents’ driveways will be maintained where practical, any work planned across a resident’s driveway will be brief and at an agreed time
- Roadside parking will be impacted by our work for each active work site. We aim to keep work sites small and compact where possible, however if you have specific access requirements that we need to consider (e.g. nurse/doctor visits, Meals on Wheels, planned property works etc.), please advise our communications manager and we will do our best to accommodate these needs
- There will be increased noise, dust, and vibration levels as a result of our work
- Work will have no impact on current power, telecommunications or gas services; however, the network is still fragile so please be prepared in case there is an unexpected service cut off
- All site works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions
- Rubbish and recycling will not change, please put bins out in the usual spots by 5:00pm the night before collection, our crews will move and return them if need be
- Safety is our number one priority. Safety is also your responsibility too. Stay clear and stay alert, please keep children and pets a safe distance from any work site